Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Rainbow of Colour

I got so carried away weaving those little tangles of wire into bird's nests yesterday that by the end of the day I realised I had made a nest in every colour of the rainbow.

That was totally unintentional but when I noticed it, it made me so happy - rainbows always make me smile in wonder. Maybe it's the legend that says there's a pot of gold that awaits at the end of every rainbow; or maybe it's the notion that the rainbow is a pathway between the earth and the heavens; or perhaps that it's a symbol of hope and optimism but rainbows uplift the soul.

So I was in a happy mood when I put these vibrant bracelets together.

Half the fun was choosing all the special beads to make them up. It was a surprise that plastic, ceramic, lampwork beads and even gemstones all made it into the bracelets. But hey, if it works, it works! Some, like yellow, were a challenge. It's the cheeriest colour of the rainbow, and yet my yellow bead drawer is sadly empty and the beads in it look decidedly lonely. I guess yellow is not on my radar when I make jewellery/go bead shopping.

And purple was difficult too. I can't believe how few purple beads there are in my collection. Now this is a sad state of affairs because it is my favourite colour. You'd think I'd have an abundance to choose from! I will have to keep these two colours in mind on my next bead shopping trip!

If you'd like to see the bracelets in more detail, click here for a better view. Hope you enjoy studying all the different beads in my rainbow of bracelets.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. I guess I didn't have to wait long since I'm so far behind on my blog reading. I adore the fact that you popped out one in every color. I'm quite the lover of rainbows and this makes me smile. In fact, if you don't mind. . .I'm going to post your picture to my Pintrest Rainbows board. Please contact me (CraftyHope @ gmail.com) if it's a problem.
    Thanks for the cherry post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to wander around my blog, Hope. The rainbow of bird's nest is such a cheery photo and I'm happy for you to post it to your Pinterest board. Thanks so much for asking!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.