Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Can't Get By Without.....

For all your Aussies and Kiwis out there, do you remember that Mum deodorant ad on TV back in the 80s that went something like this:

I can get by without make up.....
I can get by without my bra
.....
I can get by without my boyfriend
....
But I cant get by without my Mum
.  Every girl needs her Mum!
And then she adds, "I can’t really get by without my boyfriend"

It's a real classic. And it got me thinking: What three things can I not get by without in my studio?

Here's my top 3:
  • My ruler and craft knife. I LOVE measuring...... accurately! I know there are a lot of great personal cutting systems out there but I just love doing it old school. I have tried a number of those systems over the years, but I always come back to my trusty ruler and craft knife.
  • Round nosed pliers. Where would I be without these? I love turning loops so much that I'll design a piece of jewellery with dozens and dozens of loops because of it - making cha cha bracelets is a favourite!And this last one, I hate to admit but I can't get by without my specs. My arms simply aren't long enough!
So what is it that you can't get by without when you're crafting? I'd love to hear from you.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.