Thursday, August 11, 2011

Glossy, Glossier, Glossiest!

I was a busy little beaver yesterday.

Remember that pile of bangles and rings that was on my desk? Well, I sanded my way through quite a few of them. It's a very labour intensive process and by the end of the day my hands had been in and out of water for most of that time and my fingers resembled wrinkled prunes - the things we do for our craft!

Luckily, most of the bangles only needed trimming and basic sanding to finish them but I singled this one out for special treatment because I rather liked the way it seemed to glow. You can't really see that glow in the photo, but I could see it had potential so I decided to give this one the full 5-star buffing treatment to help it reach its full potential.

This treatment is not for the faint-hearted. After you trim and sand your bangle you turn your attention to buffing to a microfine finish. It takes about half an hour of solid sanding to get through all the grades of sandpaper. But the difference it makes will have you gasping. Look how much glossier it is.
Nice!

I like shiny things. I think I've told you that before. So it's no surprise that I want this bangle to be super glossy.... glossy as glass. That means that after all that sanding, I will have to move on to the polishing and buffing. More elbow grease is required but it only takes a few minutes and it's totally worth it for the added shine. Look at the difference now!
Plastic or glass? It's hard to tell, but it sure looks good.

Oh, I love shiny things. But I seem to have told you that once or twice before!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.