Monday, March 21, 2011

A New Year's Resolution Check Up - How Long Can I Keep this Up?

How quickly this year is flying past! Everyone you talk to makes the same comment. Each and every year seems to fly past more quickly than the last. But I've been so busy lately, that I'm not even noticing time is passing. Days and weeks are now such a blur it's almost like there is no separation in time - no night, no day, no weeks or months - it's almost like it's one continuous day!!

With very little spare time on my hands these days, I'm grateful that I made a New Year's Resolution back in January: "To procrastinate less". It's really helping to keep me on track. When I made that promise to myself (and said it out loud on my blog), I felt a little nervous because it meant having to be accountable and really striving to achieve that goal.

I knew I would never have been able to completely stop procrastinating but by quantifying it in terms of procrastinating less, it has made this goal achievable. And here we are, three months into the year and I'm still sticking with this resolution.

Before starting this exercise, I had "piles" everywhere. Some of them even felt like mountains. I could just about liken my paperwork pile to Mount Everest! I really dislike paperwork and I find that this is the toughest "pile" to tackle. I'm still working on this one.

But by dealing with most things as soon as they arise instead of dumping them in "the pile" to be dealt with later, I've discovered a side benefit: I've cleaned out quite a few brain cells too. It's a bit like opening up the window and letting the fresh air in. It feels good to have so much less clutter in there! I hadn't realised how mentally sapping procrastination was until l I did something about it! And I could probably free up a few more brain cells if I made paper lists instead of mental lists. Perhaps that will be next year's resolution!

Habits are such hard things to break though so let's see if I'm still sticking to it come June.

For those of you who have been patiently awaiting samples of this weekend's classes at Stamp Antics, here's one of the cards we'll be working on. This class is all about using Krafty Lady Templates and Art Moulds. You'll complete two different cards in the class and the template is yours to keep.
Samples for the other classes on Saturday are on my website.

'That's all from me for now. I'm off to deal with some more paperwork!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.