Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Treasures from the Bead and Gem Show

As I mentioned in my last post, there hasn't been a lot of time for creativity over these last couple of weeks. But I did manage to squeeze in a day at the Brisbane Bead and Gem show over the weekend. My wonderful daughter was able to come and share the fun with me and we had a lovely day, scouring the stands for treasures.Most of this lovely lot of loot came from Crystal Park. How pretty it all looks bundled together!

Did you notice all the beautiful rose gold findings amongst the silver and gold? I love rose gold..... it suits my skin tone much better than yellow gold but it's not easy to find so I stock up whenever I see it. Crystal Park carries a great range of rose gold charms and findings. So if you're like me and you prefer rose gold, you should try and make it into their shop at Browns Plains. I highly recommend them.

This assortment of goodies came from a variety of retailers: All About Beads, Bohemia Beads, My Little Bead Shop and Crystal Park.

Of course, this wasn't the only bit of loveliness that we brought home with us. I spotted a beautiful lampwork bead that had my name written all over it along with some coordinating handmade glass beads. And I couldn't leave the show without some Swarovski's - just love that bling!

I also added an anvil and hammer to my tool collection - I've long wanted both of these items so I was really pleased to find a special offer on them. I would have loved a jewellers saw too but that will have to wait until another time. In the meantime I will continue using my flush cutters to separate jump rings.

I really love going to shows like these - apart from the wonderful eye candy that the rows and rows of bead strands provide, I find it very tantalising to scoop your hands into bowls of beads and select a few treasures!

Would you like to comment?

  1. On Crystal Parks website it says
    "Crystal Park is Closed.
    All the Best!" So sad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!! I had to go and check it out for myself. I can't believe that they have closed their doors. They always gave such wonderful service and had a great selection of quality components that I have never found anywhere else. This is indeed sad :(
      Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.