Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Colours of Nature

Do you ever get in one of those moods where you just don't want to stop playing? You know the kind, when you get on a roll and just don't want to stop. Well, having been deprived of creative time over the last couple of weeks, tonight I really felt like making up for lost time.

With the tedium of the end of financial year now behind me, I was happy to pull out my resin supplies to do some casting. Not only did I cast and finish a couple of bangles, but I also had time to experiment with surface finishes. And here's the results:

The first one is inpired by the lush greenery of the tropical rainforest.
The depth of colour in this bangle is amazing. The shades of light and dark greens and blues play well off each other.

The second bangle is inspired by the brilliant blue ocean, with white capped waves crashing over the coral reef. It's called Pacific Blue.
The addition of brown to the blues adds a nice contrast.

I was on a roll by this time and I had colour combinations swimming around in my head but alas the resin won't cure fast enough so look out for those ideas in my next post. I can't wait until tomorrow night!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.