Thursday, October 16, 2008

Resin jewellery - going tribal!

My jewellery pieces have gone tribal this week!

I've been busy creating pieces using some of the resin casts I made from my earlier bangle pours. So these pieces coordinate perfectly to make sets - what good value!Love this first piece...... chocolate and red makes such a strong statement. I used a combination of chunky resin, wooden and glass beads along with a few shiny copper-coloured beads. The simple stringing is perfect for this piece.

And the second necklace (made with coral and shell) has lots of interesting texture. I love the contrast of the coral against the shiny, smooth shell disks. The coral matches the resin button beautifully and really ties the whole piece together.

The button was moulded using Krafty Lady's 8 Up (AM330). This mould has proven to be one of my favourites for jewellery making. It has 8 ornate buttons to choose from - all in different shapes and sizes.

I just love this mould!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.