Friday, May 4, 2012

Glow in the Dark

I'll soon be celebrating a milestone birthday and one of the best things about that is that I will have a lot of family travelling from interstate to join me. I'm not having a "party" but that doesn't mean I can't decorate for an intimate get together with my family and close friends.

I've been thinking about decorations for a while and I haven't been able to settle on a theme so instead I've decided to choose a colour to create the mood - purple and feminine.

So last night I started playing with lighting ideas and this is the first idea I've settled on: pretty lighting for the table.

It's simple and effective: a glass jar filled with purple fairy lights and crystal shred. The battery pack will sit in the bottom of the jar covered by more tinsel. 

This is a really budget friendly idea because I have all this in my stash but I'll have to play with this idea a bit more because I only have one set of purple lights. But I do have several sets of warm white LEDs. I just need to find some crystal shred with a purple tinge to it to get a similar look.

I'm going to have fun this month coming up with all the other decorations to go with this look. Hope you'll check back to see what I come up with.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.