Monday, October 3, 2011

Tim Tams vs Bead Soup Blog Party

Here's a question for my Aussie readers....

Do you remember the series of TV ads featuring the Genie and the never ending packet of Tim Tams? Check out this You Tube video if you don't. For those of you who don't know, Tim Tams are Australia's favourite chocolate biscuit! If you'd like to try them, this is what the fuss is all about.

So, what does the Tim Tam's Genie have to do with crafting?
Miniature Genie bottles made from hollow glass beads and jewellery findings
Well, nothing really.... unless you count my latest Genie Bottle inspired jewellery - a little bit of eye candy to go with this post!

But I digress. What I really wanted to highlight is the similarities between the never ending packet of Tim Tams and the bottomless bowl of bead soup that Lori Anderson has served up for us. So, lets see how they compare:
  • Eat the last Tim Tam in the packet and the Genie replenishes the pack; 
  • Make your way around the BSBP and after two weeks you're still not finished - sounds like a bottomless bowl of soup to me!
Yes, there are definite similarities!!

So far, I have stopped by about 250 of the 362 participating blogs. If I haven't made it to your blog yet, I'm not far away. I'm just enjoying the view along the way.....it's totally inspiring!

And if you don't know what this party is all about but you want to drool over some quality handcrafted jewellery, just start making your way around the BSBP - I promise you won't be disappointed.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. Mylene I love those bottles, I would love to buy them for my wife's collection! Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erik. I don't have any contact details for you so I'm posting this here.
    Does your wife collect Egyptian Glass bottles? (I do!) These miniatures are in fact inspired by them but they are pieces of jewellery (faux perfume/genie bottles). They range in height from between 1 and 2 inches. Email me at mylenehillam@yahoo.com.au and we can talk some more.
    Regards,
    Myléne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.