Friday, August 19, 2011

Burnt Offerings!!

I had planned to show you some really cool bracelets today.... bracelets made from old recycled toothbrushes. I came across a tutorial on All Free Beaded Jewellery last week and I thought I just have to try this. It looks so easy to do and it packs a real punch! You've just got to check out the tutorial.

But, things have been going haywire in the kitchen today. Tonight, the microwave (just out of warranty) gave up the ghost whilst I was steaming the potatoes for dinner. Which brings me to the first pic. The microwave just didn't seem to be cooking the spuds so I swapped the microwave for the stove top and promptly forgot to add water and here's the result of that little oversight....... Burnt offerings!The saucepan is a bit worse for wear but it will live to cook another meal. But this one below? Well, I'm not so sure!
See that black gap? That's not supposed to be there. The bottom of the pan is beginning to peel away from the pot.

And how did this come about? Well, I was trying out the toothbrush bracelet tutorial and the instructions said to boil the water. So I did..... I boiled it and I boiled it and then I boiled it some more and this is the result!

And the toothbrush..... well, that wasn't so successful either!I think today is one of those days when I should have just stayed out of the kitchen.

I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. sorry about your kitchen disaster! I am trying to add you to our blog hop yahoo group- can you send me your email addy- the one I have keeps bouncing back EileenHull@aol.com- thanks Mylene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee..... I can't even say "maybe I should stick to cooking in the kitchen" because that was a disaster too! I've emailed you some alternative contact details - hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.