Monday, January 31, 2011

CHA - Day 2

This morning started bright and early with a 7.00am class. Yes, you read that right, 7.00am! In this class I learned some basics about wool felting. I've wanted to learn how to felt for a long time so I was excited that CHA had scheduled a workshop.

In this class, I learned that felting is not a quick process and that you need to have patience, persistence and hot soapy water to make a good felt. This was not as easy I thought it would be and I have a new found respect for anyone who has mastered the process of felting. My very simple heart shaped design has become a little misshapen during the process but overall, it's not too bad for a first effort. I didn't complete the needle felted scrolls I was working on but I found this part of the process much easier and more enjoyable.
After the workshop, it was time to set up my Designer Showcase and then I was on the go for the rest of the day meeting with people and I only had time to do one make and take for the afternoon but it was a goodie!
I think there must have been love in the air today. Not only had I chosen a heart motif for this morning's workshop but I also did this very cute Valentine's frog at the Walter Foster booth. This project comes from a wonderful book called Mixed-Media Dollhouses by Tally Oliveau and Julie Molina and they were at the booth running the make and take. Isn't this little guy cute? Don't you just want to kiss him!
With only one and a half days of the show left, I will be on a mission tomorrow to cover much more of the show floor.
I'll be back to tell you all about it soon.

Until then, happy crafting!.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.