Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Katiedids Jewellery Components

Each CHA show sees new products being released to the craft market and one of my favourites this year has been Katie Hacker's Katiedids components by Beadalon. Katie gave us a teaser of them at the Winter show but at the summer show, she presented a class using these wonderful bezels and I was fortunate enough to take that class.

Here's what we made:
Matchstick Earrings

Violet Scalloped Pendant

Emeralds and Champagne

Notice the interchangeable bail?
I love the idea of swapping the focal pendant when you feel like a change!!

To get the channel-set look, use 4mm round beads. But if you choose to use bicones instead, then you'll get a different look.

Whilst we filled the channels with Swarovski crystals there are so many other possibilities: resin, Friendly Plastic, polymer clay, coiled wire - I just can't wait to start playing with these ideas! I'll post pics as soon as I have something to share.

I'll be back again soon!








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.