Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Designer Friendly Plastic Pen

I've been playing around with Jana Ewy's fracture and fusion technique over the last couple of weeks and have produced some lovely multi-coloured strips of Friendly Plastic. Her technique is featured in the Winter 2009 issue of Belle Armoire and she produces the most amazing bangles and jewellery pieces with it - you really should check it out.

So, armed with all these lovely coloured strips I decided it was time to create something with them. And it suddenly occurred to me how beautiful this technique would be on a pen. And that's how I used it. Not too bad for a first attempt! Of course, I'm only showing you the best side..... it is a prototype after all. But the experiment worked and that was the important thing here. And now my head is spinning with more ideas and I'm going to claim every pen I can lay my hands on to try some other things out. I can see some wonderful possibilities with Friendly Plastic and pens.

This one will need a coating of resin to make it more durable and then it should stand up to the rigours of daily use - not sure that I'd leave it on the dashboard of the car though but I guess that's an experiment for another day!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.